“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
We believe the Bible teaches that a person is saved by God’s grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ. Baptism is one of the miraculous means of grace through which God creates and/or strengthens the gift of faith. This Sacrament, explicitly commanded by God with His precious promises attached to it, is a powerful means of grace by which God grants faith and the forgiveness of sins.
A class on Baptism is offered twice annually. Attending one of these classes is highly encouraged before or even after a baptism. Check the Adult Education calendar for specific dates.
Anyone wishing to be baptized should contact Pastor Hartwig.
Expecting parents are encouraged to contact Pastor Hartwig with their expected due date so that a baptismal date may be scheduled.
Holy Communion is celebrated on the first and third Saturdays of each month, as well as the second and fourth Sundays.
In 1 Corinthians 11:18, St. Paul directs that there should not be “divisions among you” when you “come together as a church.” Therefore, Holy Communion is celebrated here at Our Redeemer under the agreement in the Christian faith as taught in the Lutheran Confessions.
1 Corinthians 11:28 also directs that “A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.” Such personal examination should include these questions:
- Do you acknowledge that you are a sinner?
- Do you believe that Jesus’ death on the Cross paid the price for your sins?
- Do you recognize the true body and blood of Jesus, present in and with the bread and wine, given and shed for you?
- Do you believe that through this meal God brings Christ’s forgiveness to you and will strengthen your faith to amend your sinful life?
- If you are unsure of what has been said here or if you have not been instructed to receive this sacrament, please speak with a Pastor or an Elder before participating.
NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE is available in the center of the communion trays.