Name: Kaja Mueller
Education: I graduated from Concordia University in St. Paul, Minnesota, with a Director of Christian Education degree. My majors were in Parish Education and Administration along with a Lutheran Confessional minor. I specialized in Youth Ministry. For the past 8 1/2 years, I’ve enjoyed working as the Youth Minister for Our Redeemer Lutheran Church. Recently, I transferred to the position of Director/Teacher of Our Redeemer Preschool and Family Life Director for Our Redeemer Lutheran Church. I believe the joy of being a parent to my own growing young family has inspired me to minister to children in the early childhood years. These experiences as a parent have molded me into the teacher I want to be. I am blessed to love each child who walks into the preschool as if they are walking into my own family.
Why I enjoy teaching at Our Redeemer Preschool: One of my favorite things about teaching at Our Redeemer Preschool is being able to watch each child grow in their awareness of who they are and that they get to learn that they have been wonderfully created by God our heavenly father.
Snack Food: Sugar Snap Peas and Chocolate
Bible Verse: My confirmation verse – Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Name: Sara Cross
Position: Assistant Teacher T/Th
Education: I graduated from the University of Iowa. I began subbing in various preschools in 2010 and began volunteering in them in 2008. Teaching at different preschools has given me many experiences to help mold me into the teacher I am today. It is a privilege to know and to teach each child who walks through the door at Our Redeemer Preschool.
Why I enjoy teaching at Our Redeemer Preschool: One of my favorite things about teaching at Our Redeemer Preschool is helping and watching each child grow in their skills, knowledge and faith. The daily schedule also allows the preschoolers to have fun, to be creative in music, art and play and to build strong relationships with one another and their teachers.
Favorite Snack Food: I have so many-Teddy Grahams is a favorite!
Bible Verse: Romans 8:28, “All things work for the good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose.”
Color: Autumn Colors
Children ages 3-5 are eligible to attend the Preschool. Registration opens in January for the next Preschool session. Current members of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, currently enrolled children and their siblings are given the opportunity to enroll before the general public. Enrollment is limited to 25 children per session. Depending upon available openings, children who are toilet trained may enroll at any time of the year after their third birthday.
Members of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church who attend church services at least 50% of the time receive a 20% tuition discount for each child enrolled. A 20% tuition discount is also offered to families with multiple children enrolled.
Print, complete, and return the linked PDF forms to the Director of Our Redeemer Preschool.
- Preschool Enrollment Form 2017-2018
- Intake Sheet
- Physical Assessment and Health Form (yearly)
- Certificate of Immunization (from child’s healthcare provider)
- Parental Emergency Medical Consent Form
- Parent Handbook 2017-2018
- Our Redeemer Parent Handbook – Signature Sheet
- Financial Agreement
- September Tuition Payment
Tuition and Fees
(M/W/F) Preschool Program 9:00am-12:00pm $200/month
(M/W/F) Preschool Program with lunch 9:00am-12:45pm $263/month
(M/W/F) Preschool Program with MORNING extended care $294/month
(M/W/F) Preschool Program with AFTERNOON extended care $546/month
M/W/F) Preschool Program with FULL day extended care $641/month
(T/TH) Preschool Program 9:00am-12:00pm $147/month
(T/TH) Preschool Program with lunch 9:00am-12:45pm $189/month
(T/TH) Preschool Program with MORNING extended care $210/month
(5 Day) Preschool Program 9:00am-12:00pm $331/month
(5 Day) Preschool Program with lunch 9:00am-12:45pm $436/month
(5 Day) Preschool Program with MORNING extended care $488/month
(5 Day) Preschool Program with AFTERNOON extended care $908/month
(5 Day) Preschool Program with FULL day extended care $1,066/month
* An AM snack will be provided by a preschool students.
* Our Preschool follows the Iowa City School District year schedule starting after Labor Day and ending before Memorial Day.
* Openings are determined on the basis of the number of children allowed on-site, at one time, as stated by the preschool’s state license. Children may enroll throughout the school year as spaces allow.
* Scholarship information is available upon request.
* Ask about extended care.
Daily Schedule starting September 2015 through May 2016
7:30am Extended Care Drop off
9:00am Preschool Starts
9:30am Learning Centers
11:00am Outside Recreation
Noon Preschool Ends/Pick Up
12:45pm Lunch Ends/Pick Up
4:00pm Learning Centers
5:30pm Pick Up
* Our Preschool starts after Labor Day and ends before Memorial Day.
* Openings are determined on the basis of the number of children allowed on-site, at one time, as stated by the preschool’s state license. Children may enroll throughout the school year as spaces allows.
* Scholarship information is available upon request.
* Extended Care hours – Students may be dropped off any time after 7:30am. In the afternoon a student can be picked up any time before 5:30pm.
* An AM snack will be provided by a preschool student on a weekly rotating basis. Those preschoolers staying for lunch should provide their own bag lunch. No breakfast will be offered. An afternoon snack will be provided by the preschool.
* If Iowa City Schools are delayed, no preschool, extended care starting at noon.
* If Iowa City Schools are cancelled, no preschool or extended care.
*If Iowa City Schools close early, we have extended care.